Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

I Hate My Job




How many times have you heard someone say these words?

"I Hate My Job!"

Sadly, you've probably heard these words or some other form of this statement more times than you can even count.
Why is it that so many people share this feeling today?

I believe that the reason so many people feel this way is because they are working in jobs/careers that do NOT match who they are.

In other words, most people are frustrated with their jobs because they are working in job fields that neither match their natural talents & giftings nor their natural motivations and passions.

If you want to experience more career satisfaction, and even get to the point where you find yourself saying, "I LOVE my Job!", you must first find out what your "Sweet Spot" is! Your "Sweet Spot" is the place where your: 1) talents, skills, and giftings overlap your 2) passions, motivations, and energizing activities.

Said in another way, your "Sweet Spot" is where you're good at doing something that you love.
Most people find themselves using skills that they have developed which they are now good at but they don't enjoy using those skills.

I recently heard it said that "Being good at something is not enough reason to do it." Meaning that if you are good at something but don't enjoy doing it, then you probably shouldn't be doing it. If you aren't enjoying what you are doing, if you don't get some form of pleasure from the activity, then don't continue doing it.

So how do you find a career where you can wake up excited every morning to go to work? How can you be assured that you will be able to say, "I love my work! I am passionate about what I do!"?

The first step is to discover your Sweet Spot. This means you discover the place where your talents and abilities overlap your motivations and passions. (see my posts on "Who Am I?" to discover how to do this)

Once you know who you are, what you are good at that you enjoy doing, then your next step is one of these two options:



  1. Find a business or individual who is doing what you love and start working for them


  2. Start your own business using your gifts to serve as many people as you possibly can

You don't have to hate your job. You have a choice! You can make a decision today to start doing something that you love, that uses your God given skills and abilities, and that gives you a sense of purpose, meaning, value, and significance.


What are you waiting for? Take action now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this post! Put your comments here: